Wow, that went by ridiculously fast.
Some of the fun things that happened in November:
- Gabe started attending daycare.
- We drove down and spent a rather uncomfortable night in Ames so that we might surprise Liz on her birthday (the 5th) at a surprise Tailgate party. Success!
- Gabe got a head cold during this weekend and proceeded to start sleeping incredibly horribly. Screaming when he woke up at 3am, he also woke up angry every two to three hours.
- Sean came and got to experience this first hand. At least he was a great sport about it and it was great to hang out with him in person for the first time in too long.
- Gabe attained his five month birthday, which we celebrated with some great pictures, including a series of him rolling over. He now does this regularly.
- We had a weekend with nothing to do and I hung a bunch of Christmas lights, even some way up high that I had sworn to Kristin that I would not do. Hopefully she is happy 🙂
- I discovered the fun (?) of participating in distributed computing contests. Sound interesting? Check out the forum at http://forums.anandtech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
- We discovered that if your infant wakes up and is upset at night, it’s likely that they are not getting enough sleep during the day. More naps for Gabe, and a 6:30 PM bedtime rather than 8PM made a noticeable improvement in his sleeping behavior.
- Thanksgiving! We traveled to Iowa and enjoyed seeing family and friends and helped my family decorate for Christmas and buy a Black Friday TV. While it may be hard to believe that they had bought that huge Console HDTV eight years ago, what is harder to believe is that we wrangled that big guy into the basement without causing lasting damage to a)ourselves b) the TV or c) the house. Good work!
- Kristin and I did some cross shopping in electronics for each other for Christmas during the week leading up to Black Friday. It’s safe to say we’ll both be happy with the result.
- Liz is handy with the electronics and such and is gaining confidence there. Nothing magic was happening behind the big TV and I think she is realizing that it might be daunting but ultimately very doable to hook up and configure all these things. Impressive 🙂
- I bought one thing on Black Friday. The week leading up to it was much more engaging.
- The Vikings sucked all month and it didn’t matter if I listened, watched the game with Derek and Meghan or at Dale and Diane’s. Wow.
- Diane continued to bless us with her assistance, it’s hard to believe what would we would do without her.
- Gabe decided that he wanted to roll over and sleep that last night in November and has been doing it the couple nights since. It is freaking crazy how much nicer this makes our nights – he only wakes up once!
November in a nutshell with likely many important things missing…